Autodesk Revit: Project Manager Essentials
Course Length = 1 day
AIA CES Credits = 7
Autodesk® Revit® software is a powerful Building Information Modeling (BIM) program that works the way Architects and Engineers think. The software streamlines the design process with a central 3D model. Changes made in one view update across all views and on the printable sheets. This course is designed to give you an overview of the Autodesk Revit functionality as it pertains to Project Managers.
Students will learn:
- The purpose of Building Information Management (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Working with the basic modifying and modeling tools.
- Troubleshooting elements in projects.
- Various viewing tools including creating sections.
- Working with sheets for plotting.
- Exporting files to CAD Formats and DXF (the Autodesk® Design Review software).
- Working with schedules.
- Linking and importing CAD files and Autodesk Revit models into projects.
- Using Worksets in a collaborative environment.
Introduction to BIM and Autodesk Revit
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Revit Interface
- Starting Projects
- Viewing Commands
- Using General Sketching Tools
- Editing Elements
Working in a Model
- Setting the View Display
- Duplicating Views
- Adding callout Views
- Elevations and Sketches
- Working with Schedules
Printing and Sharing
- Setting up Sheets
- Placing and Modifying Views on Sheets
- Printing Sheets
- Exporting Files
Starting Multi-discipline Projects
- Importing and Linking Vector Files
- Linking Models
Project Team Collaboration
- Introduction to Worksets
- Opening and Saving Workset-Related Projects
- Working in Workset-Related Projects
- Visibility and Display Options with Worksharing
- Best Practices for Worksets
- Students should be comfortable with the fundamentals of Autodesk® Revit® software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft® Windows.
This 1-day course is $445 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- AEC Courses
- Live Online Training
- Classroom Training
- 3ds Max Design Essentials
- 3ds Max Design Introduction to Animation
- AutoCAD Architecture Essentials
- AutoCAD Architecture Advanced
- AutoCAD Architecture AutoCAD for Architects
- AutoCAD MEP Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Mechanical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Plumbing Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Projects and Tools Essentials
- Autodesk Navisworks Essentials
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite Fundamentals
- AutoCAD Plant 3D Fundamentals
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Advanced
- Revit Architecture Collaboration Tools
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Conceptual Design & Visualization
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Migrating from AutoCAD
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Site and Structural Design
- Revit BIM Management: Template & Family Creation
- Autodesk Revit Content Creation: BIM Parametric Families
- Autodesk Revit: Project Manager Essentials
- Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Advanced