Revit BIM Management: Template & Family Creation
Course Length = 2 days
Building Information Modeling (BIM) is an approach to the entire building life cycle. Autodesk® Revit® Architecture, Autodesk® Revit® MEP, and Autodesk® Revit® Structure are powerful BIM programs that support the ability to coordinate, update, and share design data with team members throughout the design, construction, and management phases of a building’s life. A key component in managing the BIM process is to establish a company foundation for different types of projects by creating standard templates and custom elements. Having this in place makes the process of any new project flow smoothly and efficiently.
The objective of the Autodesk Revit BIM Management: Template and Family Creation training course is to enable students who have worked with the software to expand their knowledge in setting up office standards with templates that include annotation styles, preset views, sheets, and schedules, as well as creating custom element types and families. The training guide can be taught in any one or a mix of all of the software programs using practices specific to each discipline.
Students will learn how to:
- Create custom templates with annotation styles, title blocks, and custom element types.
- Create schedules, including material takeoff schedules with formulas.
- Create custom wall, roof, and floor types as well as MEP system families.
- Set up a family file.
- Create family geometry.
- Create family types.
- Create specific families, including, in-place families, profiles, annotation, and shared parameters.
Creating Custom Templates
- Preparing Templates
- Customizing Annotation Styles
- Creating Title Blocks
- View Templates
- Settings for Mechanical & Electrical Projects
- Settings for Structural Projects
- Introduction to Schedules
- Creating Building Component Schedules
- Modifying Schedule Appearance
- Creating Key Schedule Options
- Creating Material Takeoff Schedules
Custom System Families
- Custom Walls, Roofs & Floor Types
- Vertically Compound Walls
- Stacked and Embedded Walls
- Creating MEP System Families
Family Concepts & Techniques
- Introduction to Creating Families
- Creating the Parametric Framework
- Creating Family Elements
- Additional Tools for Families
- Creating Family Types
- Visibility Display Settings
- Overview of Family Creation
Creating Specific Families
- Creating In-Place Families
- Creating Profiles
- Creating Annotation Families
- Working with Shared Parameters
Creating Architectural Specific Families
- Creating Custom Doors & Windows
- Creating Angled Cornices & Copings
- Creating Custom Railings
- Families for Railings, Balusters & Panels
Creating MEP Specific Families
Creating Structural Specific Families
Students should be comfortable with the fundamentals of the Autodesk® Revit® software. Knowledge of basic techniques is assumed, such as creating standard element, copying and moving elements, and creating and working with views, etc.
This 1-day course is $745 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- AEC Courses
- Live Online Training
- Classroom Training
- 3ds Max Design Essentials
- 3ds Max Design Introduction to Animation
- AutoCAD Architecture Essentials
- AutoCAD Architecture Advanced
- AutoCAD Architecture AutoCAD for Architects
- AutoCAD MEP Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Mechanical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Plumbing Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Projects and Tools Essentials
- Autodesk Navisworks Essentials
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite Fundamentals
- AutoCAD Plant 3D Fundamentals
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Advanced
- Revit Architecture Collaboration Tools
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Conceptual Design & Visualization
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Migrating from AutoCAD
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Site and Structural Design
- Revit BIM Management: Template & Family Creation
- Autodesk Revit Content Creation: BIM Parametric Families
- Autodesk Revit: Project Manager Essentials
- Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Advanced