Autodesk Revit Architecture Migrating from AutoCAD
Course Length = 1 day
This course is designed for students who have AutoCAD experience and have completed the Revit Architecture Essentials or Revit Structure Essentials course (or have similar experience), or who need to know how to leverage existing AutoCAD drawings.
This course builds on the Revit Architecture Essentials course. It covers a wide range of topics on how to successfully migrate from AutoCAD®, a CAD drawing-based solution, to Revit® Architecture, a 3D building information modeling solution.
Students learn how to work seamlessly with AutoCAD DWG files, including how to migrate site plans and details and make those files smarter within their Revit Architecture projects. Students also learn techniques for collaborating in a multiplatform environment.
This course offers both imperial and metric hands-on exercises representing real-world design scenarios.
The primary objective of this course is to teach students how to leverage their existing AutoCAD content in Revit Architecture projects and work seamlessly with AutoCAD drawing files.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Set up a project in the Revit Architecture environment with AutoCAD data.
- Import AutoCAD data to Revit Architecture.
- Export Revit Architecture information to AutoCAD.
- Share project information across multiplatform users and store project data for reuse.
Starting a Revit Architecture Project
- Setting up Projects with AutoCAD Data
- Migrating Project Standards
- Creating and Managing Drawing Sets
Leveraging AutoCAD Data
- Importing and Linking AutoCAD Data
- Using AutoCAD Data
- Adding Details using Imported CAD Data
- Importing, Exporting, and Managing AutoCAD Objects
- Exporting Revit Architecture Views to AutoCAD
Completing the Move to Revit Architecture
- Creating and Loading Families
- Collaborating with other Professionals
- Completing the Migration
Students should have experience using AutoCAD and should have completed the Revit Architecture Essentials or Revit Structure Essentials course. Architectural design, drafting, or engineering experience is highly recommended. It is also recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows.
This 1-day course is $445 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- AEC Courses
- Live Online Training
- Classroom Training
- 3ds Max Design Essentials
- 3ds Max Design Introduction to Animation
- AutoCAD Architecture Essentials
- AutoCAD Architecture Advanced
- AutoCAD Architecture AutoCAD for Architects
- AutoCAD MEP Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Mechanical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Plumbing Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Projects and Tools Essentials
- Autodesk Navisworks Essentials
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite Fundamentals
- AutoCAD Plant 3D Fundamentals
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Advanced
- Revit Architecture Collaboration Tools
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Conceptual Design & Visualization
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Migrating from AutoCAD
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Site and Structural Design
- Revit BIM Management: Template & Family Creation
- Autodesk Revit Content Creation: BIM Parametric Families
- Autodesk Revit: Project Manager Essentials
- Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Advanced