Infrastructure Design Suite BIM Workflow for Roads and Highways
Course Length = 2 days
CPC PDH Credits = 14
This class will guide you through an example workflow for a road and highway design project using the Autodesk® Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate package. Students will use Autodesk® InfraWorks, AutoCAD® Civil 3D®, Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage, Autodesk® 360, AutoCADWS, and Autodesk® 3ds Max® Design software to complete a road design project from project planning through visual communication and construction documentation. The Autodesk® Infrastructure Design Suite software is a comprehensive Building Information Modeling (BIM) for Infrastructure software solution that combines intelligent, model-based tools to help streamline workflows and optimize infrastructure project outcomes. With unique access to the Autodesk portfolio (both the desktop and the cloud), users can gain more accurate, accessible, and actionable insight throughout the project execution and lifecycle of transportation, land, and water projects.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Establish existing conditions using the Autodesk InfraWorks software.
- Sketch multiple layouts of the proposed roadway using the Autodesk InfraWorks software.
- Identify the optimal corridor location and create proposals to communicate the selected option using the Autodesk InfraWorks software.
- Create Engineered Road Designs in the Autodesk InfraWorks software.
- Exchange Autodesk InfraWorks design information with the AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Create typical cross-sections of the road using Assemblies in the AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- Create a complex corridor model of the roadway in the AutoCAD Civil 3D software using Autodesk InfraWorks design data.
- Create and edit intersection designs.
- Calculate quantities using cut/fill and material quantity calculators.
- Combine the AutoCAD Civil 3D software, Autodesk® Revit® Structure software, and other data sources in the Autodesk® Navisworks® Manage software.
- Perform clash detection in the Autodesk Navisworks Manage software.
- Create visual presentations to communicate design intent using storyboards, scenarios, and renderings using the Autodesk InfraWorks software and/or the Autodesk 3ds Max Design software.
The Autodesk InfraWorks Interface
- Product Overview
- Autodesk InfraWorks User Interface
- Basic 3D Viewing Tools
- 3D Navigation Tools
- Working With the Autodesk InfraWorks Model
Establishing Existing Conditions in Autodesk InfraWorks
- Coordinate Systems
- Import Source Data
- Stylize Source Data
Sketch Roads in Autodesk InfraWorks
- Create Proposals
- Sketch Conceptual Road Designs and/or Highlight Existing Roads
- Modify Conceptual Road Designs
- Add 3D Models
- Analyze the Conceptual Design Options
Design Roads in Autodesk InfraWorks
- Design Roads that are Constrained by Design Criteria
- Modify the Horizontal and Vertical Layouts
- Vertical Optimization
- Analyze the Preliminary Design
- Visualize the Preliminary Design
Taking the Preliminary Design into AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Connect Geospatial Data To AutoCAD Civil 3D Drawings
- Import Survey Data
- Import Autodesk InfraWorks Design Roads
- Edit the Design Road Alignment in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Edit the Autodesk InfraWorks Profile in AutoCAD Civil 3D
Advanced Corridor Design
- Create Road and Highway Assemblies
- About Corridors
- Creating Road Intersections
- Modify Corridors
Quantity Take Off
- Create The Finished Ground Surface
- Sample Lines
- Section Volume Calculations
Design Validation in Autodesk NavisWorks Manage
- Product Overview
- Workspace Overview
- Opening and Appending Files in Autodesk Navisworks Manage
- Clash Detective
Visual Communication in Autodesk InfraWorks
- Transfer the Detailed Design to Autodesk InfraWorks
- Rendering in Autodesk InfraWorks
- Create Videos From Storyboards
- Create Scenarios
- Plan Production Setup
- Create View Frames
- Create Plan/Profile Sheets
- Create Section View Sheets
- Fundamental experience with AutoCAD® Civil 3D user interface, navigating the model, alignments, and profiles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft® Windows.
This 2-day course is $745 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- Civil Courses
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Essentials
- Advanced AutoCAD Civil 3D
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Grading
- AutoCAD Civil 3D for Surveyors
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Storm and Sanitary Analysis
- AutoCAD Civil 3D Styles
- Infrastructure Design Suite BIM Workflow for Roads and Highways
- Infraworks & Infraworks 360 Fundamentals
- Autodesk Vehicle Tracking