Autodesk Navisworks Essentials
Course Length = 3 days
AIA CES Credits = 21
CPC PDH Credits = 21
This course is designed for new users of Navisworks Simulate and Navisworks Manage.
The Autodesk® Navisworks® Essentials training course instructs students in best approaches to combine 3D geometry from cross disciplines into one scene to enable effective model reviews. Through a hands-on, practice-intensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to review and markup the model, use TimeLiner, Animator, Scripter, and Presenter, as well as the Clash Detective tools within Autodesk Navisworks.
Using the functionality of the Autodesk® Navisworks® Simulate, and Manage features, students learn how to open, review, quantify, and run object-interference checks on 3D models. Students also learn how to link to task-scheduling files and create 4D construction simulations. Using the Animator and Scripter tools, students create interactive animations. In addition, students learn how the Autodesk Rendering tools can help them create photorealistic images and animations.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the main features and functionality of the Autodesk Navisworks software.
- Open and append 3D files of different formats and save in the Autodesk Navisworks format.
- Create links to object properties files and scheduling files in external databases.
- Perform visual project model reviews using the built-in review and reporting tools.
- Create construction simulations of a project model to check the validity of construction schedules.
- Use Animator and Scripter to create interactive animations for presentations and demonstrations.
- Obtain 2D and 3D takeoff data from source models to create material estimates, measure areas, and count components.
- Perform interference detection tests between 3D files of different disciplines to check integrity of the design.
- Add true-to-life materials, lighting and Environments to project models, to create photorealistic output.
- Getting Started
- Workspace Overview
- Opening & Appending Files in Navisworks
- Publishing, Merging, Refreshing and Emailing Files
- Selection Treet and Selecting Objects
- 3D Model Review
- Hiding Objects & Overriding Materials
- Object Properties
- Measuring & Moving Objects
- Selection & Search Sets
- Comments, Redlining and Tags
- Comparing Models
- Navisworks Real-Time Rendering
- Creating Tasks
- Gantt View
- Import Tasks from External Project File
- Configuring & Defining a Simulation
- Simulation Export
- Creating a Basic Animation
- Cameras & Camera Viewpoints
- Manipulate Geometry Objects in an Animation Set
- Section Plane Sets
- Controlling Animation Scene Playback
- Creating & Managing Scripts
- Creating & Configuring Events
- Creating & Configuring Actions
- Setting Up a Quantification Project
- Item and Resource Management
- 3D Model and Virtual Takeoff
- Managing Takeoff Data
- 2D Takeoffs
- Analyzing Changes
- Exporting Takeoff Data
- Clash Detective
- Clash Results
- Clash Test Reporting
- Working with Clash Tests
- Audit Checks
- Exporting & Importing Clash Tests
- Custom Clash Tests
- Laser Scan Data Clashing
- Methods for Testing and Resolving Clashes
- Time-Based Clashing
- Autodesk Rendering
- Exposure Control
- Ground Planes
- Photorealistic Rendering
This 3-day course is $1045 per person.
No previous CAD experience is necessary. However, before taking this course, students should have a working knowledge of the following:
- 3D design and task-scheduling software
- Microsoft® Windows
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- AEC Courses
- Live Online Training
- Classroom Training
- 3ds Max Design Essentials
- 3ds Max Design Introduction to Animation
- AutoCAD Architecture Essentials
- AutoCAD Architecture Advanced
- AutoCAD Architecture AutoCAD for Architects
- AutoCAD MEP Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Mechanical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Plumbing Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Projects and Tools Essentials
- Autodesk Navisworks Essentials
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite Fundamentals
- AutoCAD Plant 3D Fundamentals
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Advanced
- Revit Architecture Collaboration Tools
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Conceptual Design & Visualization
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Migrating from AutoCAD
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Site and Structural Design
- Revit BIM Management: Template & Family Creation
- Autodesk Revit Content Creation: BIM Parametric Families
- Autodesk Revit: Project Manager Essentials
- Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Advanced