Autodesk Inventor Publisher Essentials
Course Length = 1 day
CPC PDH Credits = 7
The Autodesk® Inventor® Publisher Essentials course instructs students in best approaches for creating technical documentation using the Autodesk Inventor Publisher software. Through a hands-on, practiceintensive curriculum, students acquire the knowledge needed to create accurate and compelling documentation, and to publish it in a variety of supported formats. The course progresses from the initial planning phase, in which you begin by reading in all of the source data and then adding the necessary annotations to create and publish the product documentation. A project exercise has been included that only provides high level guidance to complete a project. After completing this training, you will be able to:
- Describe the main features, functionality and workflow of the Autodesk Inventor Publisher software.
- Open and create documents.
- Learn to work with the interface.
- Pre-plan and outline a project to meet product documentation requirements.
- Document your product using the Autodesk Inventor Publisher software’s authoring tools to create and annotate accurate, descriptive, and compelling storyboards.
- Play and optimize the presentation for animated formats.
- Publish documents, storyboards, or snapshots.
- Use the Autodesk Inventor Publisher Mobile (IPM) Viewer app to interactively view animated 3D assembly instructions.
Autodesk Inventor Publisher Overview
- What is Autodesk Inventor Publisher?
- Why use Autodesk Inventor Publisher?
- Workflow Overview
- Performance and Capacity Tips
- Interface Overview
- Getting Started
- Importing CAD Data
- Publish Area
- Working with Associative Files
Authoring 1 – Basic Authoring
- Setting up your Story
- Selecting Components
- Moving Components
- Creating Trail Lines
- Component Visibility
- Changing Your Viewpoint
- Modifying Snapshots
- Play Presentation
Authoring 2 – Model Appearance
- Background Appearance
- Component Appearance
- Sectioning Components
- Detail Views
Authoring 3 – Annotations
- Callouts and Labels
- Parts Lists
- Additional Annotations
- Optimizing for Animations
- Publishing Overview
- Publishing Documents
- Inventor Publisher Word Add-In
- Publishing Image Files
- Publishing Animations
- Interactive 3D Publishing
- Overview of the IPM Viewer
- Accessing Files on a Mobile Device
- Manipulating Files in the Mobile Viewer
Students do not need prior knowledge of any 3D modeling or CAD software, but do need to be experienced with the Windows operating system and a background in drafting 3D parts and modeling terminology is recommended.
This 1-day course is $445 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- Manufacturing Courses
- Live Online Training
- Classroom Training
- AutoCAD Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD Mechanical Essentials
- Autodesk Inventor Essentials
- Autodesk Inventor for Experienced 3D CAD Users
- Autodesk Inventor Advanced Assembly Modeling
- Autodesk Inventor Advanced Part Modeling
- Autodesk Inventor Sheet Metal Design
- Autodesk Inventor Frame Generator
- Autodesk Inventor iLogic
- Autodesk Inventor LT: Learning
- Autodesk Inventor Professional Cable and Harness Design
- Autodesk Inventor Professional Simulation
- Autodesk Inventor Professional Tube and Pipe Design
- Autodesk Inventor Publisher Essentials
- Autodesk Showcase Essentials
- Autodesk Vault Essentials
- Autodesk Vault Workgroup and Vault Collaboration
- Autodesk Vault for Inventor Users