Autodesk Inventor Frame Generator
Course Length = 1 day
CPC PDH Credits = 7
Anyone who takes part in the design process of frames should attend this class. Frame designs are one of the most complex processes in Inventor and firms often avoid using them, opting for extensive libraries of manually modeled parts and other workarounds. If designing frames is the “thorn in your side,” then you must attend this class.
This one of a kind course developed by AMS CAD +CAFM Solutions will teach students how to create parametric frames using the design accelerator tool in Autodesk Inventor. Using Autodesk Inventor Frame Generator, students will develop frame designs using the beam calculator, create Bill of Materials (BOM) by editing iProperties for frame members, and learn to modify frame orientation, relationships, offsets, and rotations.
The course also covers the use of end treatments such as miters, trims, and notching in conjunction with frame members. Students will create custom shapes for use with the Autodesk Inventor Frame Generator and learn frame analysis by running load simulation on frame designs.
Digital reference materials and sample exercises are included in the price of this course.
The Objective of this class is to demonstrate the effective use of Autodesk Inventor Frame Generator. Upon completion of the course, students will be able to develop and modify custom frame member shapes. Also, students will be able to effectively simulate loads on frame designs while maintaining access to the native intelligence of the Autodesk Inventor Frame Generator tool.
- Frame Generator – Introduction
- Introduction to frame generator
- Frame generator assemblies
- Merging frame members
- Beam calculator
- Frame Generator – Editing
- Working with frame members
- Introduction to end treatments
- Mitering members
- Trim and extend
- Lengthen and shorten
- Editing frame members
- Frame sub assemblies
- Frame Generator – Custom Shape Authoring
- Introduction – why custom shapes?
- Best practice – creating a custom shape
- iProperties and custom shape
- Publishing a custom shape
- Frame Design Validation
- Beam Calculator – Introduction
- Simulate with Frame Analysis – Introduction
- Edit Frame Analysis Simulation
- Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor and basic understanding of parametric modeling and properties. Understanding of Bill of Materials is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft® Windows.
This 1-day course is $445 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- Manufacturing Courses
- Live Online Training
- Classroom Training
- AutoCAD Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD Mechanical Essentials
- Autodesk Inventor Essentials
- Autodesk Inventor for Experienced 3D CAD Users
- Autodesk Inventor Advanced Assembly Modeling
- Autodesk Inventor Advanced Part Modeling
- Autodesk Inventor Sheet Metal Design
- Autodesk Inventor Frame Generator
- Autodesk Inventor iLogic
- Autodesk Inventor LT: Learning
- Autodesk Inventor Professional Cable and Harness Design
- Autodesk Inventor Professional Simulation
- Autodesk Inventor Professional Tube and Pipe Design
- Autodesk Inventor Publisher Essentials
- Autodesk Showcase Essentials
- Autodesk Vault Essentials
- Autodesk Vault Workgroup and Vault Collaboration
- Autodesk Vault for Inventor Users