Autodesk Inventor Essentials
Course Length = 5 days
CPC PDH Credits = 35
This course is designed for new Autodesk Inventor users.
This course covers the fundamental principles of 3D parametric part design, assembly design, and creating production-ready part and assembly drawings using Autodesk® Inventor™. Students learn how to capture design intent by using the proper techniques and recommended workflows for creating intelligent 3D parametric parts; creating, placing, and constraining custom and standard components in an assembly; and simulating mechanisms, animating assembly designs, and checking for interferences. Students also learn how to document their designs using base, projected, section, detail, and isometric drawing views; document assemblies using standard and exploded drawing views; and follow drafting standards while dimensioning and annotating drawing views with automated balloons and parts lists.
Hands-on exercises representing real-world, industry-specific design scenarios are included.
The primary objective of this course is to provide students with a thorough understanding of the principal 3D design, validation, and documentation processes that they will use to develop products using Autodesk Inventor. Upon completion of the course, students will be proficient in 3D part and assembly design, and in documenting those designs using part and assembly drawing creation and annotation techniques.
No previous CAD experience is necessary. However, drafting, design, or mechanical engineering experience is a plus. It is also recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows.
This 5-day course is $1645 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- Manufacturing Courses
- Live Online Training
- Classroom Training
- AutoCAD Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD Mechanical Essentials
- Autodesk Inventor Essentials
- Autodesk Inventor for Experienced 3D CAD Users
- Autodesk Inventor Advanced Assembly Modeling
- Autodesk Inventor Advanced Part Modeling
- Autodesk Inventor Sheet Metal Design
- Autodesk Inventor Frame Generator
- Autodesk Inventor iLogic
- Autodesk Inventor LT: Learning
- Autodesk Inventor Professional Cable and Harness Design
- Autodesk Inventor Professional Simulation
- Autodesk Inventor Professional Tube and Pipe Design
- Autodesk Inventor Publisher Essentials
- Autodesk Showcase Essentials
- Autodesk Vault Essentials
- Autodesk Vault Workgroup and Vault Collaboration
- Autodesk Vault for Inventor Users