Autodesk Inventor Advanced Assembly Modeling
Course Length = 3 days
CPC PDH Credits = 21
Autodesk Inventor Advanced Assembly Modeling builds on the skills acquired in the Autodesk Inventor Essentials and Inventor Advanced Part Modeling courses to take students to a higher level of productivity when creating and working with assemblies in Inventor.
This course begins by discussing the concept of Top-Down Design for assembly creation. Planning the assembly using the top-down design approach helps create clean, reusable geometry that interacts as expected with the rest of the assembly. Throughout the course you will be taught how various Inventor tools can be used to achieve Top-Down Design practices in your assemblies using Derive, Multi-Body Design, and Layouts. Other advanced assembly topics include Positional and Level of Detail Representations (including substitute), iMates and iAssemblies, iLogic, Frame Generator, Design Accelerator, and file management and duplication techniques that aim to help you become more efficient when working with assemblies.
Accurately communicating a design to all levels of a design team is important. A chapter has been included on Inventor Studio to teach you how to render, produce, and animate realistic images.
- Applying motion to existing assembly constraints using Drive Constraints or Motion and Transitional Constraints.
- Introduction of the Top-Down Design technique for creating assemblies.
- Inventor tools for Top-Down Design, including associative links, adaptive parts, multi-body design, layout design, derived components, and skeleton models.
- Creating Positional Representations of an assembly to review motion, evaluate the position of assembly components, or document an assembly in a drawing.
- Creating Level of Detail Representations to reduce the clutter of large assemblies. Also learn about Substitute Level of Detail Representations.
- Design Accelerator to easily insert standard and customizable components.
- Creating rendered realistic images and animations of parts and assemblies using Inventor Studio and the Video Producer.
- Using iMates, iAssemblies, and iLogic to work efficiently with assemblies.
- Using the Frame Generator to create members in a structural frame work.
- Using pattern, mirror, copy techniques to duplicate components in an assembly.
- Working with weldments.
- Link system parameters and custom parameters to an external spreadsheet file.
This 3-day course is $1045 per person.
- March 20, 2018 @ 9:00 am EST - March 22, 2018 @ 5:00 pm EST at AMS CAD Training & Development Center
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- Manufacturing Courses
- Live Online Training
- Classroom Training
- AutoCAD Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD Mechanical Essentials
- Autodesk Inventor Essentials
- Autodesk Inventor for Experienced 3D CAD Users
- Autodesk Inventor Advanced Assembly Modeling
- Autodesk Inventor Advanced Part Modeling
- Autodesk Inventor Sheet Metal Design
- Autodesk Inventor Frame Generator
- Autodesk Inventor iLogic
- Autodesk Inventor LT: Learning
- Autodesk Inventor Professional Cable and Harness Design
- Autodesk Inventor Professional Simulation
- Autodesk Inventor Professional Tube and Pipe Design
- Autodesk Inventor Publisher Essentials
- Autodesk Showcase Essentials
- Autodesk Vault Essentials
- Autodesk Vault Workgroup and Vault Collaboration
- Autodesk Vault for Inventor Users