AutoCAD MEP Projects and Tools Essentials
Course Length = 1 day
CPC PDH Credits = 7
This course is designed for the new AutoCAD® MEP user who wants to learn how to implement projects, styles, and scheduling with AutoCAD MEP. This course uses hands-on exercises to teach students how to use the Content Builder, work with templates, configure the display, and work productively using AutoCAD MEP. The course addresses both imperial and metric systems.
The primary objective of this course is to teach students the basic procedures necessary for implementing projects and styles, understanding objects, creating tools, and adding documentation to drawings using AutoCAD MEP.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Create and use templates, customize the workspace, and set up and manage projects.
- Manage drawing layers and control object display.
- Create, modify, and manage styles.
- Configure drawing tools, view and edit objects, and work with connectors.
- Set system definitions and display properties.
- Use the Content Browser, Content Builder, and Catalog Editor to create, customize, share, and store parts.
- Label, schedule, and distribute building systems plans.
- Using Templates
- Using the Workspace
- Setting up a Project
- Using Project Standards
- Using the Layer Manager
- Using the Display System
- Using the Style Manager
Understanding AutoCAD MEP Building Systems Objects
- Configuring Drawing Options and Using Drawing Tools
- Viewing and Editing Objects
- Using Connectors and Anchors
- Working with System Definitions
Content Development Tools
- Using the Content Browser
- Using the Content Builder
- Using the Catalog Editor
- Using Schedule Tags and Labels
- Sharing Drawings
This course requires a working knowledge of a recent version of AutoCAD®, in addition to drafting, design, or engineering experience. It is also recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows.
This 1-day course is $445 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- AEC Courses
- Live Online Training
- Classroom Training
- 3ds Max Design Essentials
- 3ds Max Design Introduction to Animation
- AutoCAD Architecture Essentials
- AutoCAD Architecture Advanced
- AutoCAD Architecture AutoCAD for Architects
- AutoCAD MEP Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Mechanical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Plumbing Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Projects and Tools Essentials
- Autodesk Navisworks Essentials
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite Fundamentals
- AutoCAD Plant 3D Fundamentals
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Advanced
- Revit Architecture Collaboration Tools
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Conceptual Design & Visualization
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Migrating from AutoCAD
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Site and Structural Design
- Revit BIM Management: Template & Family Creation
- Autodesk Revit Content Creation: BIM Parametric Families
- Autodesk Revit: Project Manager Essentials
- Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Advanced