AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
Course Length = 1 day
This course is designed for new users of AutoCAD MEP.
This course provides comprehensive AutoCAD MEP training on how to design, model, and make construction documents for a piping system used in commercial, institutional, and waste water environments. The hands-on exercises teach how to lay out systems from schematic design through to the design development and project construction documentation phases.
The primary objective of this course is to teach students the basic functions necessary for creating a piping plan using AutoCAD MEP. After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Create, label, and modify a process flow diagram.
- Create a piping model and define route preferences.
- Place piping equipment.
- Lay out pipes and fittings.
- Lay out symbols, lines, and inline annotation in ISO mode.
- Tag, schedule, and plot process flow diagrams and piping models.
Introduction to Piping
- Using AutoCAD MEP to Design Piping Systems
Working with Process Flow Diagrams
- Designing a Piping System
- Creating a Schematic Diagram
- Modifying a Schematic Diagram
- Using Schematics in Isometric Mode
Working with Piping
- Defining Routing Preferences and Piping Systems
- Adding Piping Equipment
- Adding Pipes and Pipe Fittings
- Annotation of a Pipework Model
- Using Sections and Elevations
- Creating and Editing Schedules
Creating a Construction Drawing
- Creating and Managing Plotting Sheets
- Publishing Drawings to DWF Files
This course requires a working knowledge of a recent version of AutoCAD®, in addition to drafting, design, or engineering experience. It is also recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows.
This 1-day course is $395 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- AEC Courses
- 3ds Max Design Essentials
- 3ds Max Design Introduction to Animation
- AutoCAD Architecture Essentials
- AutoCAD Architecture Advanced
- AutoCAD Architecture AutoCAD for Architects
- AutoCAD MEP Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Mechanical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Plumbing Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Projects and Tools Essentials
- Autodesk Navisworks Essentials
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite Fundamentals
- AutoCAD Plant 3D Fundamentals
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Advanced
- Revit Architecture Collaboration Tools
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Conceptual Design & Visualization
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Migrating from AutoCAD
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Site and Structural Design
- Revit BIM Management: Template & Family Creation
- Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Advanced