AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
This course provides comprehensive AutoCAD MEP training on how to design, model, and make construction documents for a piping system used in commercial, institutional, and waste water environments. The hands-on exercises teach how to lay out systems from schematic design through to the design development and project construction documentation phases.
This course is designed for new users of AutoCAD MEP.
Suggested Course Duration: 1 day
Onscreen Exercises Included? Yes
Introduction to Piping
- Using AutoCAD MEP to Design Piping Systems
Working with Process Flow Diagrams
- Designing a Piping System
- Creating a Schematic Diagram
- Modifying a Schematic Diagram
- Using Schematics in Isometric Mode
Working with Piping
- Defining Routing Preferences and Piping Systems
- Adding Piping Equipment
- Adding Pipes and Pipe Fittings
- Annotation of a Pipework Model
- Using Sections and Elevations
- Creating and Editing Schedules
Creating a Construction Drawing
- Creating and Managing Plotting Sheets
- Publishing Drawings to DWF Files
The primary objective of this course is to teach students the basic functions necessary for creating a piping plan using AutoCAD MEP. After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Create, label, and modify a process flow diagram.
- Create a piping model and define route preferences.
- Place piping equipment.
- Lay out pipes and fittings.
- Lay out symbols, lines, and inline annotation in ISO mode.
- Tag, schedule, and plot process flow diagrams and piping models.
This course requires a working knowledge of a recent version of AutoCAD®, in addition to drafting, design, or engineering experience. It is also recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows® XP or Microsoft® Windows® 2000.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- AEC Courses
- 3ds Max Design Essentials
- 3ds Max Design Introduction to Animation
- AutoCAD Architecture Essentials
- AutoCAD Architecture Advanced
- AutoCAD Architecture AutoCAD for Architects
- AutoCAD MEP Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Mechanical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Plumbing Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Projects and Tools Essentials
- Autodesk Navisworks Essentials
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite Fundamentals
- Revit Architecture Essentials
- Revit Architecture Advanced
- Revit Architecture Collaboration Tools
- Revit Architecture Conceptual Design & Visualization
- Revit Architecture Migrating from AutoCAD
- Revit Architecture Site and Structural Design
- Revit BIM Management for Architecture, Structure, and MEP
- Revit MEP Essentials
- Revit Structure Essentials
- Revit Structure Advanced