AutoCAD MEP Mechanical Essentials
Course Length = 2 days
CPC PDH Credits = 14
This course is designed for the new AutoCAD® MEP user who wants to learn how to implement a mechanical HVAC system using AutoCAD MEP. This course uses hands-on exercises to teach students how to determine energy requirements, add HVAC equipment, ductwork, and fittings, and create construction documents using AutoCAD MEP. The course addresses both imperial and metric systems.
The primary objective of this course is to teach students the basic functions necessary for professional 2D drawing, design, and drafting using AutoCAD MEP. After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Determine energy requirements for engineering spaces.
- Create and annotate schematic diagrams.
- Create an HVAC system with single line ducts, ductwork, and fittings.
- Size ductwork systems.
- Create construction documents.
- AutoCAD MEP Overview
- User Interface
- Starting up an MEP project
- Creating HVAC Spaces and Zones
- Exporting and Importing to/from GBXML
- Laying out Mechanical Equipment
- Laying out HVAC supply and Return Systems
- Sizing Ducts
- Adding Tags and annotations
- Creating Sections and Elevations
- Creating Schedules
- Creating HVAC Floor Plan layouts
- Creating Details and callouts
- Creating Legends
- Importing and exporting to AutoCAD Creating Project template
- MEP settings
This course requires a working knowledge of a recent version of AutoCAD® Architecture, in addition to drafting, design, or engineering experience. It is also recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows.
This 2-day course is $745 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- AEC Courses
- Live Online Training
- Classroom Training
- 3ds Max Design Essentials
- 3ds Max Design Introduction to Animation
- AutoCAD Architecture Essentials
- AutoCAD Architecture Advanced
- AutoCAD Architecture AutoCAD for Architects
- AutoCAD MEP Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Mechanical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Plumbing Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Projects and Tools Essentials
- Autodesk Navisworks Essentials
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite Fundamentals
- AutoCAD Plant 3D Fundamentals
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Advanced
- Revit Architecture Collaboration Tools
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Conceptual Design & Visualization
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Migrating from AutoCAD
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Site and Structural Design
- Revit BIM Management: Template & Family Creation
- Autodesk Revit Content Creation: BIM Parametric Families
- Autodesk Revit: Project Manager Essentials
- Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Advanced