AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials
Course Length = 1 day
CPC PDH Credits = 7
This course is designed for the new user of AutoCAD MEP.
This course provides comprehensive AutoCAD® MEP training on how to design, model, and make construction documents of electrical distribution systems used in commercial buildings. The hands-on exercises cover how to design and draw electrical lighting and power systems and how to turn them into quality construction documents using AutoCAD MEP. The course addresses both imperial and metric systems.
The primary objective of this course is to teach students the basic functions necessary for using AutoCAD MEP. After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the electrical system design process and create a schematic diagram.
- Add devices and panels to an electrical system plan.
- Set system definitions, demand factors, and preferences, and use the Circuit Manager.
- Add electrical equipment, wiring, cable trays, and conduits to electrical drawings.
- Add labels and annotation symbols and create schedules.
- Publish electrical system layouts to Design Web Format™ (DWF™).
Using AutoCAD MEP to Design an Electrical Plan
- Designing an Electrical System
- Schematic Symbols and Lines
- Creating and Editing Ceiling Grids
- Adding and Modifying Devices and Panels
- Electrical System Definitions and Demand Factor Styles
- Using the Circuit Manager
Creating Electrical Plan and Reporting
- Adding Electrical Equipment
- Adding Wiring
- Adding Cable Trays and Conduits
- Using Circuit Analysis Tools
Annotating, Scheduling, and Publishing an Electrical Plan
- Annotating Electrical Drawings
- Publishing an Electrical System Plan
This course requires a working knowledge of a recent version of AutoCAD®, in addition to drafting, design, or engineering experience. It is also recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows.
This 1-day course is $445 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- AEC Courses
- Live Online Training
- Classroom Training
- 3ds Max Design Essentials
- 3ds Max Design Introduction to Animation
- AutoCAD Architecture Essentials
- AutoCAD Architecture Advanced
- AutoCAD Architecture AutoCAD for Architects
- AutoCAD MEP Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Mechanical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Plumbing Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Projects and Tools Essentials
- Autodesk Navisworks Essentials
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite Fundamentals
- AutoCAD Plant 3D Fundamentals
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Advanced
- Revit Architecture Collaboration Tools
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Conceptual Design & Visualization
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Migrating from AutoCAD
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Site and Structural Design
- Revit BIM Management: Template & Family Creation
- Autodesk Revit Content Creation: BIM Parametric Families
- Autodesk Revit: Project Manager Essentials
- Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Advanced