“It was one of the best training courses that I have ever attended. The course itinerary and focus touched on all the things that I had questions about in a no nonsense, straight forward approach. I am mostly ‘self taught’ in AutoCAD so attending this class made me aware of ways to get drawings done faster and more efficiently. Only having two other people in the class helped as well because I felt like asking a question wouldn’t hold up the class pace too much.”Nate Lyons, CP Flexible Packaging
Course Length = 2 days
AIA CES Credits = 14
CPC PDH Credits = 14
This course is designed for the experienced AutoCAD® user who requires additional training. It incorporates the features, commands, and techniques for becoming more productive when creating, annotating, and printing drawings with AutoCAD.
This intermediate-level course continues to build on the basic concepts of the AutoCAD Essentials course.
Hands-on exercises throughout the course explore how to create 2D production drawings. The exercises are provided in both a printed format as well as an onscreen format that can be viewed next to AutoCAD.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for the experienced AutoCAD user who wants to learn more about AutoCAD.
Learn skills such as:
- Using more advanced editing and construction techniques.
- Adding parametric constraints to objects.
- Creating local and global blocks.
- Setting up layers, styles, and templates.
- Using advanced plotting and publishing options.
The primary objectives of this course are:
- To teach students powerful tools and techniques for drawing, dimensioning, and printing 2D drawings.
- To enable students to reuse content that has been previously created, and extract information from their drawings.
- To teach students to grasp the high-level concepts of designing in 3D.
Working Effectively with AutoCAD
- Creating a Custom Workspace
- Using the Keyboard Effectively
- Object Creation, Selection, and Visibility
- Working in Multiple Drawings
- Copying and Pasting Between Drawings
- Using Grips Effectively
- Additional Layer Tools
- Coordinate Entry
- Locating Points with Tracking
- Construction Lines
- Placing Reference Points
Projects – Productivity Tools
- Schematic Project – Purifier Unit
- Mechanical Project – 2 Views
- Architectural/Civil Project – Formal Garden
- Mechanical Project – Cover Plate
- Architectural Project – Addition
- Mechanical Project – Block
- Mechanical Project – Plate
- Working with Constraints
- Geometric Constraints
- Dimensional Constraints
Working with Blocks
- Creating Blocks
- Editing Blocks
- Removing Unused Elements
- Adding Blocks to Tool Palettes
- Modifying Tool Properties in Tool Palettes
Projects – Creating and Organizing Blocks
- Mechanical Project – Control Panel
- Architectural Project – Furniture Layout
- Civil Project – Utility Layout
- Why Use Templates?
- Controlling Units Display
- Creating New Layers
- Adding Standard Layouts to Templates
- Saving Templates
- Creating and Using Named Views
- Advanced Viewport Options
- Layer Overrides in Viewports
- Additional Annotative Scale Features
- Creating Text Styles
- Creating Dimension Styles
- Creating Multileader Styles
Projects – Drawing Setup and Utilities
- Interiors Project
- Mechanical/Schematic Project
- Civil/Map Project
- Mechanical Project- Dimension Styles
- Attaching External References
- Modifying External References
- Xref Specific Information
Projects – Drawing
- D-sized Title Block
- Mechanical Project – Drill Press Base
- Architectural Project – Office Tower
- P&ID Project – Oil Lubrication System
- Civil Project – Warehouse Site
It is recommended that students have a working knowledge of:
- AutoCAD basics as taught in AutoCAD Fundamentals, or equivalent experience.
- Basic design/drafting procedures and terminology.
- Microsoft Windows
This 2-day course is $745 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- AutoCAD Courses