AutoCAD Architecture Essentials
Course Length = 3 days
This course provides new users with comprehensive training in AutoCAD® Architecture (formerly Architectural Desktop). The hands-on lessons cover features, commands, and techniques for creating, editing, and printing drawings with AutoCAD Architecture. Exercises can be completed using imperial or metric units.
This course is designed for new users of AutoCAD Architecture.
The primary objective of this course is to teach students the basic commands for architectural designing and drafting with AutoCAD Architecture software. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use design resources and tools to increase productivity in the architectural design process.
- Add ceiling grids, ceiling fixtures, column grids, and structural members to a building model.
- Add floors, walls, and roofs to a building model.
- Add doors, windows, spaces, and stairs to a building model.
- Create and distribute plotting sheets for a building model design that includes views, display themes, annotations, schedules, and callouts.
- AA Workspaces, Toolpallets, Content Browser
- Constructs and Elements in the Project Navigator
- Creating and Editing Column Grids and Structural Members
- Creating and Modifying 2D Walls
- Creating and Manipulating Doors and Windows
- Creating and Manipulating Stairs
- Creating View Drawings and Model Space Views in the Project Navigator
- Layering in ADT
- Creating Floors
- Creating Roofs
- Creating Ceiling Grids
- Adding and Editing Ceiling Fixtures
- Creating and Editing Curtain Walls
- Creating 3D Stairs and Railings
- Creating Door and Window Assemblies
- Editing Objects
- Using Object Display Options
- 3D Rendering
- Annotating Drawings − AEC Dimensions and Title Marks
- Adding Callouts and Callout Views
- Adding Space Objects
- Adding Schedule Tags and Tables
- Using Detail Drafting Tools and Adding Detail Components
- Publishing and Transmitting Page Setups
- Creating Sheets and Plotting in the Project Navigator
Previous AutoCAD® experience is necessary. Drafting, design, or engineering experience is a plus. It is recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows.
This 3-day course is $1045 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- AEC Courses
- Live Online Training
- Classroom Training
- 3ds Max Design Essentials
- 3ds Max Design Introduction to Animation
- AutoCAD Architecture Essentials
- AutoCAD Architecture Advanced
- AutoCAD Architecture AutoCAD for Architects
- AutoCAD MEP Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Mechanical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Plumbing Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Projects and Tools Essentials
- Autodesk Navisworks Essentials
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite Fundamentals
- AutoCAD Plant 3D Fundamentals
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Advanced
- Revit Architecture Collaboration Tools
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Conceptual Design & Visualization
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Migrating from AutoCAD
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Site and Structural Design
- Revit BIM Management: Template & Family Creation
- Autodesk Revit Content Creation: BIM Parametric Families
- Autodesk Revit: Project Manager Essentials
- Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Advanced