AutoCAD Architecture Advanced
Course Length = 3 days
This course is designed for experienced users of AutoCAD Architecture.
This hands-on course covers many of the advanced features of AutoCAD® Architecture (formerly Architectural Desktop). Students learn how to set up a project, create tool catalogs and styles, and export to different output formats.
Students practice different installation setups, create new styles, edit section/elevation objects, use ACE dimensions, display themes, and mask blocks. Exercises can be completed using imperial or metric units.
The primary objective of this course is to prepare students to perform many of the advanced functions of AutoCAD Architecture.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install AutoCAD Architecture on a network and configure projects.
- Apply advanced object display features using display configurations, layer key styles, and object profiles.
- Customize design object styles.
- Customize documentation object styles and block styles.
- Use advanced design tools such as the Stair Tower Generator.
- Integrate AutoCAD Architecture with other applications and file types.
- Using Project Standards
- Creating a Tool Catalog
- Using the Display System
- Using Layer Key Styles
- Using Display Themes
- Creating Wall Styles
- Defining Profiles
- Wall Intersection Cleanup
- Creating Wall Endcap Styles
- Creating Door and Window Styles
- Creating Door and Window Assembly Styles
- Creating Curtain Wall Styles
- Using Roof Slab and Roof Slab Edge Styles
- Creating 2D Section/Elevation Styles
- Editing 2D Section/Elevation Objects
- Using Multiview Blocks
- Using Wall Tools
- Using The Stair Tower Generator
- Using Relative Object Anchors
- Editing a Keynote Database
- Creating a Schedule Tag
- Editing Schedule Tables
- Using Mask Blocks
- Working with List Definitions
- Using Zones
- Publishing DWF Files
- Publishing to Autodesk MapGuide
- Importing LandXML
Before using this course, the student should be able to add grids, fixtures, floors, walls, ceilings, roofs, doors, walls, and stairs to a building model. The student should also have created output that includes different views, annotations, tables, and legends. It is recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows.
This 3-day course is $1045 per person.
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
AMS CAD + CAFM Solutions
Training & Development Center
271 Route 46 West, Bldg. A-105
Fairfield, NJ 07004
T (973) 882-8008
F (973) 882-0122
- Course Schedule Calendar
- Course Schedule (List Upcoming)
- Course Schedule
- Course Info Request / Registration
- Courses List
- AEC Courses
- 3ds Max Design Essentials
- 3ds Max Design Introduction to Animation
- AutoCAD Architecture Essentials
- AutoCAD Architecture Advanced
- AutoCAD Architecture AutoCAD for Architects
- AutoCAD MEP Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Mechanical Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Piping Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Plumbing Essentials
- AutoCAD MEP Projects and Tools Essentials
- Autodesk Navisworks Essentials
- Autodesk Plant Design Suite Fundamentals
- AutoCAD Plant 3D Fundamentals
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Advanced
- Revit Architecture Collaboration Tools
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Conceptual Design & Visualization
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Migrating from AutoCAD
- Autodesk Revit Architecture Site and Structural Design
- Revit BIM Management: Template & Family Creation
- Autodesk Revit Content Creation: BIM Parametric Families
- Autodesk Revit Architecture: Project Manager Essentials
- Autodesk Revit MEP Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Essentials
- Autodesk Revit Structure Advanced