Class Information / Course Curriculum
Visit our CAD Training Course Schedule
for course availability, dates and pricing.
AutoCAD MEP Electrical Essentials Course Description
This course provides comprehensive AutoCAD® MEP training on how to design, model, and make construction documents of electrical distribution systems used in commercial buildings. The hands-on exercises cover how to design and draw electrical lighting and power systems and how to turn them into quality construction documents using AutoCAD MEP . The course addresses both imperial and metric systems.
Suggested Course Duration: 1
Trial CD: Yes
Onscreen Exercises Included? Yes
The primary objective of this course is to teach students the basic functions necessary for using AutoCAD MEP.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the electrical system design process and create a schematic diagram.
- Add devices and panels to an electrical system plan.
- Set system definitions, demand factors, and preferences, and use the Circuit Manager.
- Add electrical equipment, wiring, cable trays, and conduits to electrical drawings.
- Add labels and annotation symbols and create schedules.
- Publish electrical system layouts to Design Web Format™ (DWF™).
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for the new user of AutoCAD MEP.
This course requires a working knowledge of a recent version of AutoCAD®, in addition to drafting, design,
or engineering experience. It is also recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows® XP or Microsoft® Windows® 2000.
Using AutoCAD MEP to Design an Electrical Plan
- Designing an Electrical System
- Schematic Symbols and Lines
- Creating and Editing Ceiling Grids
- Adding and Modifying Devices and Panels
- Electrical System Definitions and Demand Factor Styles
- Using the Circuit Manager
Creating Electrical Plan and Reporting
- Adding Electrical Equipment
- Adding Wiring
- Adding Cable Trays and Conduits
- Using Circuit Analysis Tools
Annotating, Scheduling, and Publishing an Electrical Plan
- Annotating Electrical Drawings
- Publishing an Electrical System Plan
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and
duration may be modified
by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course
To find out more information about this course and schedule please complete
our contact form and we will
|Our training courses are AIA / CES
registered by the
American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Program
List all pages on AutoCAD MEP