Class Information / Course Curriculum
Visit our CAD Training Course Schedule
for course availability, dates and pricing.
AutoCAD Architecture Advanced Course Description
This hands-on course covers many of the advanced features of AutoCAD® Architecture (formerly Architectural Desktop). Students learn how to set up a project, create tool catalogs and styles, and export to different output formats.
Students practice different installation setups, create new styles, edit section/elevation objects, use ACE dimensions, display themes, and mask blocks. Exercises can be completed using imperial or metric units.
Suggested Course Duration: 3 days
Onscreen Exercises Included? Yes
The primary objective of this course is to prepare students to perform many of the advanced functions of AutoCAD Architecture.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Install AutoCAD Architecture on a network and configure projects.
- Apply advanced object display features using display configurations, layer key styles, and object profiles.
- Customize design object styles.
- Customize documentation object styles and block styles.
- Use advanced design tools such as the Stair Tower Generator.
- Integrate AutoCAD Architecture with other applications and file types.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for experienced users of AutoCAD Architecture.
Before using this course, the student should be able to add grids, fixtures, floors, walls, ceilings, roofs, doors, walls, and stairs to a building model. The student should also have created output that includes different views, annotations, tables, and legends. It is recommended that the student have a working knowledge of Microsoft® Windows® XP or Microsoft® Windows® 2000.
- Using Project Standards
- Creating a Tool Catalog
- Using the Display System
- Using Layer Key Styles
- Using Display Themes
- Creating Wall Styles
- Defining Profiles
- Wall Intersection Cleanup
- Creating Wall Endcap Styles
- Creating Door and Window Styles
- Creating Door and Window Assembly Styles
- Creating Curtain Wall Styles
- Using Roof Slab and Roof Slab Edge Styles
- Creating 2D Section / Elevation Styles
- Editing 2D Section / Elevation Objects
- Using Multiview Blocks
- Using Wall Tools
- Using The Stair Tower Generator
- Using Relative Object Anchors
- Editing a Keynote Database
- Creating a Schedule Tag
- Editing Schedule Tables
- Using Mask Blocks
- Working with List Definitions
- Using Zones
- Publishing DWF Files
- Publishing to Autodesk MapGuide
- Importing LandXML
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and
duration may be modified
by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course
To find out more information about this course and schedule please complete
our contact form and we will
|Our training courses are AIA / CES
registered by the
American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Program
List all pages on AutoCAD Architecture